The Hyundai Elantra is a fully connected premium sedan that is priced in the country from Rs. 17.85 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi). Here are the top 5 highlights of the premium sedan.
Hyundai India introduced the updated Elantra sedan in the Indian market in 2019. It is the first sedan to become BS6 compliant from Hyundai’s stable. Equipped with the brand’s Hyundai Blue Link connected car technology, the updated Elantra is now a fully connected and Hi-Tech premium sedan. The car is priced between ₹ 17.85 lakh and ₹ 21.12 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi). The car comes in five variants – SX, SX AT, SX(O) AT, DSL SX and DSL SX(O) AT. Here are the top 5 highlights of the premium sedan.
1. The Hyundai Elantra is based on the Fluidic Sculpture 2.0 design language. It gets a cascading grille, sharper LED quad projector headlamps with LED DRLs, revised bumper, more sculpted lines and new triangular fog lamps, 16-inch alloys, chrome door handles with pocket light, sporty LED taillights, and more.
2. In terms of dimensions, the sedan measures 4620 mm in length, 1800 mm in width, and 1465 mm in height. The wheelbase stands at 2700 mm. It comes in four body colours – Phantom Black, Fiery Red, Polar White and Typhoon Silver.
3. On the inside, the sedan sports a dual-tone black beige interior with a revised dashboard. It also gets beige leather upholstery, an 8-inch infotainment system with Hyundai Blue Link system, Apple CarPlay, Android Auto and navigation, a 3-spoke steering wheel, and more. The instrument cluster with coloured Multi-Information Display enhances the overall sense of style of this ultra-rich machine.
4. As for features, the sedan comes equipped with a wireless charger, ventilated front seats, Infinity sound system with door speakers, centre speaker, tweeters, amplifier, sub-woofer, cruise control, 10-way adjustable power driver seat with electric lumbar support, dual-zone FATC with cluster ionizer, rear AC vents, electric sunroof, aluminium scuff plates, and aluminium pedals.
5. Mechanically, the Hyundai Elantra comes with a choice of petrol and diesel engines. The petrol mill is a 2.0-litre petrol motor tuned to make 150 bhp and 192 Nm, whereas the diesel engine is a 1.5-litre unit that makes 113 bhp and 250 Nm. Both the engine comes mated to a 6-speed manual gearbox along with an optional 6-speed automatic torque converter.